- Tuesday, October 19, 2021 12:04:31 IST
About Zonal Institute Of Education And Training Mysore
The ZIET Mysore is one of the 05 ZIETs of KVS and caters basically to the South Zone. This institute focuses on the training of KVS staff specially Teachers from the states of Kerala, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Tamilnadu, Chhattisgarh & U.T s of Puducherry and Mahe. However Training and In-service course for Teachers/staff from all over India are also organised. This was the third Training Institute and was established in April 2004.
The ZIET Mysore is built in a campus of approximately 5 acres with latest gadgets and sufficient rooms to Train about hundred Teachers/staff members at a time. This has facility for stay and food for participants in the Campus.
The institute is headed by a Director who is one of the Deputy Commissioners of KVS. The members of Faculty are experienced PGTs (nearly 25 years) in different subjects and posted as Training Associates.
The Training in the Primary section is planned by Senior PRTs who were selected as Headmasters of Primary wing and act as Training Assistant for the Training Program meant for Teachers handling classes I to V.
The Non Teaching staff provide able support for the program planned in the Institute.
The number of Training Programs (short duration and in-service courses) held in last year was 34 and being held this year is 44.
- This ZIET Mysore was selected for Training the Plus Two Teachers of Karnataka in 2014 when the State decided to introduce NCERT Textbooks for the Higher Secondary classes.
- The Pondicherry Government had got its Teachers handling classes I to V and VI to VIII trained in all the four subjects- English, Maths, Social Studies, and Science with the help of ZIET Mysore.
- The Heads of Adarsha Vidyalaya/Model schools of Karnataka Government have been provided training at ZIET Mysore in the Academic and Administrative Areas.
- Some of the Private CBSE schools have approached ZIET Mysore to get their Teachers Trained. The Primary and Secondary Teachers of Saint Patrick School, Puducherry have been and are being trained by ZIET Mysore.
- The ZIET Mysore is willing and waiting to take up any challenging Assignments pertaining to Training the staff in Education Institutions - not only government, but even from Private Sectors. The Director ZIET, Mrs L Chari, can be approached for any Tailor made Training or Inclusion in the Training conducted for KVS Teachers regularly.